Save time and preparation work! You can try this microlearning lesson now, and then easily add the first chapter to your LMS for students to learn anytime, anywhere on their computer, tablet or smart phone. Automatically grades and enters scores into your LMS grade book. Pedagogically-effective, well-designed, quick and easy to use. Microlearning is a way of delivering education in small learning units, typically allowing students to control their own learning, at their own pace. This self-contained lesson includes interactive links, activities, and a knowledge check quiz. Our microlearning lessons give you unlimited options so that you can choose how you want to use them, whether you decide to include them as part of your teaching or to use them independently.
Content This lesson is part of the American Government and Civic Engagement chapter, which makes up the American Government course. All content is rigorously peer-reviewed by educators. This lesson contains the following:
- Introduction to American Government and Civic Engagement
- Introduction to What is Government?
- Defining Government
- Different Types of Government
- Knowledge Check
By the end of this lesson, students should be able to:
- Explain what government is and what it does
- Identify the type of government in the United States and compare it to other forms of government
There are many ways to use microlearning, either before, during, or after class. Here are just a few ideas:
- Use it as homework.
- Use it as a personalized learning path: provide a selection of microlearning topics and let students choose 2 or 3.
- Use it before class, to gauge how prepared students are.
- Use it in class if devices are available.
- Use it collaboratively, either online or in class as group work.
- Use as a “wake up tool” to let students explore something on their own (and give yourself a break; you can even watch their scores coming in to the LMS!)