Library and Information Services Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the MERLOT Library and Information Services portal, an educational resource for information professionals.
Create a free account and begin using the learning materials, submitting your own materials for evaluation or those you find valuable on the web, and learning new ideas to help your teaching.
Research Roadmap is an interactive online tutorial for students wanting an introduction to research skills. The tutorial covers the basics, including how to select a topic and develop research questions, select, search for, find, and evaluate information sources. It also covers the ethics of information use, including copyright and fair use, how to avoid plagiarism, and how to cite sources correctly.
APA Style Citation Tutorial, 7th edition
The APA Style Citation Tutorial is created by staff at the University of Alberta Library to support students and faculty...
Comment utiliser Zotero
Ce cours en ligne porte sur Zotero (https://www.zotero.org/), un gestionnaire de citation gratuit qui vous aide à...
How to Use Zotero
This online course is about Zotero (https://www.zotero.org/), a free citation manager that helps you collect, organize,...
Searching as Information Literacy: Unpacking the ACRL Frame of Searching As Strategic Exploration
Searching as Information Literacy: Unpacking the ACRL Frame of Searching As Strategic Exploration is an OER that includes...
IL Workshop - AiCC Flipbook Twine Story
A Twine choose your own adventure flipbook that teaches students the concept of authority from the "Authority is...
Teaching the "Information Creation as a Process" Framework through Video Gaming
The Inheritance is a video game that uses storytelling to teach the ACRL framework Information Creation as a process. The...
Graduation: A Board Game that Teaches the Value of Information
Graduation is a board game designed to teach the frame "Information Has Value" from the Association of College and...
Brainstorm Your Research Interests
It can be daunting to realize that you may not know what you are interested in, but don't worry! Check out this video for...
3 Ways to Find Research Opportunities
Interested in research but can't find any opportunities? Look no further! Check out these quick strategies for getting...
Information Literacy microlectures University of Twente
These short video lectures were made during the COVID pandemic for the Information Literacy education at the University...
Media Literacy Education in Libraries for Adult Audiences
Media Literacy Education in Libraries for Adult Audiences, a 16-month project of the American Library Association (ALA),...
Media Literacy for Adults: Meeting Patrons Where They Are
This presentation facilitates a free webinar as part of a new series on Media Literacy in the Library. It covers how...
Media Literacy in the Library
This guide helps library workers prepare for day-to-day interactions, and offers resources and ideas to plan programs and...
HBCU Library Alliance
The HBCU Library Alliance works to transform and strengthen its membership by developing leaders, preserving collections...
Legal Issues in Libraries and Archives
This textbook addresses legal issues relevant to librarians, archivists, and information technologists. Topics covered...
This guide is created to highlight the life of this great children's author. Her books are still read and enjoyed today...
Internet Archive Scholar
This fulltext search index includes over 25 million research articles and other scholarly documents preserved in the...
Introduction to College Research
This book acknowledges the changing information landscape, covering key concepts in information literacy to support a...
ACRL | Project Outcome
Project Outcome is a FREE online toolkit designed to help libraries understand and share the impact of essential library...
A Yoga Adventure at the Ocean
Wake up and get ready to go play in the ocean waves! This interactive childrens story invites readers to be active with...
This is a guide designed by a biking librarian to help librarians who want to advocate for safer streets for all kinds...
Goodreads as an Organizing System-Powerpoint
This Powerpoint presentation can be shown for the purpose of two learning objectives; 1. Develop a custom list in the...
Goodreads as an Organizing System-Lesson Plan
This lesson plan articulates the learning objectives and respective roles associated with a 10 minute presentation of...
Spotify Lesson Plan Draft
Spotify is an organizing system that collects music and podcasts for users to access all around the world. This systems...
Francheska Vonne GaliSilliman University
Daryl BirdRiverside Public Library
Holly ThompsonUniversity of Southern California
mokhtar houchatuniversity constantine2
Simia KumarThe British University in Dubai
Christopher MurrySheridan College
Pauline ShostackOnondaga Community/Technical College
Kristin LansdownUniversity of Wisconsin System - Madison
Trenton BankertYork College of Pennsylvania
Heidi SouthworthMinnesota State University, Mankato
Jack DunstanRoyal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Jessica KirkArkansas State Library
Jeanette MooreLatrobe Regional Hospital
Nancy WeinerWilliam Paterson University
Shail Deenkurukshetra university kurukshetra
Patty SophosSanta Monica City College
Ashley MontesVictor Valley College
Kathleen BroederDixie State College
Dianne AldrichDixie State College
David ZielkeDixie State University
Daniela Estefania Castro suarezEstefania
Kelly SmithEastern Kentucky University
Jennifer ChanUniversity of California System - Los Angeles
Materials by Discipline
- Archives and Special Collections (50)
- Cataloging and Classification (53)
- Citations and Style Guides (61)
- Information and Communication Technology Literacy (548)
- Information Retrieval (102)
- Information Technology (28)
- Intellectual Property and Plagiarism (70)
- Issues in Librarianship (53)
- Library Specialties (14)
- Professional Development (26)
- American Library Association
- Public Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Special Libraries Association
- American Association of School Librarians
- Library and Information Technology Association
- American Association of Law Libraries
- Association for Library Collections & Technical Services
- Association for Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies
- Reference and User Services Association
- Young Adult Library Services Association
- Society of American Archivists
- Library Leadership and Management Association
- Medical Library Association
Journals & Publications
- Journal or Publication Title Journal URL College and Research Libraries
- Library and Information Science Research
- Journal of Academic Researcher
- College and Research Library News
- Cataloging and Classification Quarterly
- Reference Services Review
- Library Hi Tech
- Library Management
- Library Quarterly
- Archival Science Journal of the Medical Library Association
- Journal of Library Administration
- Journal of Information Science
- Annual Review of Information Science and Technology
- Journal of Information Technology
- Public Library Quarterly
- Public Libraries Magazine
- Library Journal
- American Libraries
Library & Information Services on the Web
The Role of the church in education today. - Trove - National Library of Australia
Oct 17, 2021 01:05 PM PDT
Lib & Info on Twitter
- #OCLCresearch accelerates and scales learning, innovation, and collaboration that make breakthroughs possible and a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6 hours ago | OCLC
- RT @TheLadyRoe: Love this! Hope it’s okay to add to the #EngagedLibraries campaign to inspire other libraries with this awesome idea!7 hours ago | OCLC
- Did you hear? #LibLearnX registration is open? Join us online January 21-24 for a completely new learning experienc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8 hours ago | ALALibrary
- RT @RebeccaBryant18: Upcoming @OCLC webinar on Practical steps towards diversifying collections. Free registration at https://t.co/pYk5qYRb…8 hours ago | OCLC
- ALA News: Everything You Need to Know About Interlibrary Loan bit.ly/3ATFjeL9 hours ago | amlibraries
- ALA News: Longlist for 2022 Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction and Nonfiction announced bit.ly/2Z9EH7H9 hours ago | amlibraries
- RT @thinktower: My OCLC Next blog post about #REALMproject video interviews with library and museum leaders: blog.oclc.org/next/build-on-… #COVID…10 hours ago | OCLC
- The 2022 Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence longlist is out this morning! Check out the full list — 45 books (23… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…11 hours ago | ALALibrary
- The @LibMarComConf is happening 2-3 November (registration ends 25 October)! ➡️ oc.lc/3lSTFHQ
💡 Don't mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…11 hours ago | OCLC
- ALA News: ALA announces Spectrum Doctoral Fellowship Program and informational session bit.ly/3DQsEef13 hours ago | amlibraries