Skills & Interests
Nursing Education; Clinical Nursing; Simulated Experiences; Reflective Learning
- National League for Nursing
Member 01/2013 – Current
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning
Member 01/2010 – Current
- Society of Simulation in Healthcare
Member 08/2009 – Current
- DNP Nursing (07/2014)
Western University of Health Sciences
- MN Nursing Administration (06/1985)
University of California Los Angeles
- Hannans, J. A., Nevins, C. M., & Jordan, K.. (2021). See it, hear it, feel it: Embodying a patient experience through immersive virtual reality in Information & Learning Sciences. (122(7/8)).
- Hannans, J. & Nevins, C.. (2019). Virtual reality: A strategy to improve patient centered care in American Nurse Today. (14(12), 18).
- Nevins, C. M., Sherman, J., Canchola, K., Steinfeld, B., Ihrig, K. & Wagner III, W. E.. (2018). Influencing Exercise & Hydration Self-Care Practices of Baccalaureate Nursing Students in Journal of Holistic Nursing. (https://doi.org/10.1177/0898010118792781).
- Associate Professor Emeritus (05/2021 – Current) California State University Channel Islands
- Associate Professor (08/2020 – 05/2021) California State University Channel Islands
- Assistant Professor (08/2014 – 07/2020) California State University Channel Islands