Skills & Interests
Science and Technology / Biology / Microbiology
Plant Virology. Molecular virology interest of Plant viruses, Animal viruses and Bacteriophages. Viral genetic map Analysis and, Cloning of viral genes and having recombinant DNA. Molecular and serological Characterizations & Diagnosis of viruses Genetic engineering of some plant viral genes. for having transgenic plants resistant for viruses. Searching in host-virus interaction and having nanobiological viral reagents could be applied successfully in medication and food science.
- Saudi Biological Society
Professor\membership 11/2006 - Current 11/2006 – Current
- Professor in the Department of Botany& Microbiology ,College of science (Current)
King Saud univerisity-Riayadh -Saudi Arabia
- Ph.D.in Microbiology ; Virology and immunology (04/1984)
Department of Microbiology faculty of Agriculture,Ain Shams Uni. Cairo Egypt
- (1) Al-Nafissa,M.,Shier,M. K. and Aref,N.M. (.. (2007).). Correlation between Hepatitis C Virus Infection andCorrelation between Hepatitis C Virus Infection and in The International Conference on the Arabian Oryx in the Arabian Peninsula the 23rd meeting of The Saudi Biological Society.21-23 April.Poster.p.161.
- Al-Khulaifi,N.M. Aref, N.M. and Al-Salamah, A.. (. (2007).). Phage Typing, PCR Amplification for mecA gene,and Antibiotic Resistance Patterns as Epidemiologic Markers in Nosocomial Outbreaks of Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus in The International Conference on the Arabian Oryx in the Arabian Peninsula the 23rd meeting of The Saudi Biological Society.21-23 April.Abstract ..p.36. (The International Conference on the Arabian Oryx in the Arabian Peninsula the 23rd meeting of The Saudi Biological Society.21-23 April.Abstract ..p.36).
- Al-Hajjar, S., El-Sabaag, N. and Aref, N. M.. ((2005).). Molecular Epidemiology of Respiratory Syncytial Virus among Children Hospitalized in Riyadh. in The twenty third Conference of ESPID in Valencia SPAN.
Advanced Microbial Ecology
- ksu – Avanced articles in microbiol ecology
- King Saud UNI – Virology related subjects
- ksu – Industerial microbiology
- Speaking level: Superior
- Reading level: Superior
- Speaking level: Advanced
- Reading level: Superior
- Speaking level: Intermediate
- Reading level: Intermediate
Honors & Awards
- National Academy Award (01/1996)
in Molecular Virology Studies, Egypt 1996.
- University Academy Award (01/1996)
for the excellent research publications in Ain Shams University,Cairo,Egypt
- Biosafety and Management of Biological Waste, 10/07/2011
Biosafety and Management of Biological Waste at Female Center for Scientific and Medical Colleges(FCSMC) in King Saud University
- presentation in the field of virology and microbiology (Presentation about MERLOT), 10/07/2011
Many presentation were performed in my courses in my website
- Professor Department of Microbiology faculty of Agriculture (01/1996 – Current)
- Associate professor Department of Microbiology faculty of Agriculture (01/1992 – 01/1996)
- lecturer Department of Microbiology faculty of Agriculture (01/1984 – 01/1992)