Virtual Speakers Bureau
Skills & Interests
Business Review Board Member 03/2005 – 06/2012
- Organizational Behavior Teaching Society
List Administrator OBTS-L 06/1995 – 06/2012
- OBTS: Teaching Society for Management Educators
Executive Board 06/2008 – 06/2011
- PhD Business (06/1994)
University of Colorado
- MBA Management (06/1981)
University of Denver
- BS Engineering (Product Design) (06/1979)
- Gullekson, N., Tucker, M., Coombs, G., & Wright, S.. (2011). Examining intercultural growth for business students in short-term study abroad programs: Too good to be true? in Journal of Teaching in International Business. (22, 2, 91-106).
- Coombs, G.. (2010). Using SecondLife for Teaching Management of Creativity and Innovation in Research in Management Education Development, Vol. 9: Cutting-Edge Social Media Approaches to Business Education: Teaching with LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Second Life, and Blogs. Information Age Publishing.
- Sherman, H., Core, D., & Coombs, G.. ((2006)). Using a Non-Profit Business Partner to Develop Business Management Skills for MBA Education in Research in Management Education and Development, Vol. 5: New Visions of Graduate Management Education.. Information Age Publishing..
Cross-Cultural Management & Leadership
- Ohio University – International Management
- Cross cultural management and leadership, development of global mindset and skills.
Introduction to Management
- Ohio University College of Business – Management
- Introduction to Management concepts taught in an integrated, problem-based environment, team taught with faculty in Marketing, Management Information Systems, and Professional Communications (taught over 20 times in the past 15 years).
Management of Creativity and Innovation
- Ohio University College of Business – Management of Creativity and Innovation
- Individual creativity, group issues in creativity, organizational issues in encouraging creativity and innovation, innovation as a competitive strategy. (taught multiple times in the past 7 years)
Honors & Awards
- David L. Bradford Outstanding Educator Award, OBTS: Teaching Society for Management Educators (06/2015)
Acknowledges one person or a teaching team with consistently demonstrated achievement over a lifetime, focusing on teaching and learning excellence. These individuals have contributed substantially to the Society, and have impacted the field as a whole...
- Fellow of the Society, OBTS: Teaching Society for Management Educators (06/2015)
Individuals identified and honored by the Society who have been involved at multiple levels, in multiple ways, and over an extended period of time to further the Society's objectives. Criteria are long-term involvement, commitment and contribution...
- Presidential Teaching Scholar Finalist (03/2015)
...selection is based on excellence in teaching and meritorious academic pursuits both inside and outside the classroom,..including: teaching practices and innovations, influences on curriculum, student mentoring, and scholarship with respect to teaching
- Integrating Management with Other Disciplines: Creating Integrative Projects, 06/12/2014
OBTC: Teaching Conference for Management Educators, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- “Designing” Innovative Management Education, 06/07/2013
OBTC: Teaching Conference for Management Educators, University of North Carolina, Asheville, NC.
- Student consulting projects and consultation skills development, 06/18/2010
OBTC: Teaching Conference for Management Educators, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM.
- Professor & Chair (08/2012 – Current) Ohio University
- Associate Professor (09/1997 – 08/2012) Ohio University, College of Business
- Assistant Professor (09/1991 – 06/1997) Ohio University, College of Business