1. Uses of graphical output mode and collaborative learning increase the potentail for student engagement and learning
2. Clear, simple presentation promotes conceptual understanding
3. Can be used for individuals, pairs, small teams
4. Can be used as in-class exercise or homework assignment
5. Students can follow the instructions step-by-step. To start with, students are also given some java codes to work on.
6. The instructions also include some reminders on the cautions to be taken during the lab section and tips to enhance the program, such as "toLowerCase()"
7. While the learning objective of the session is not explicitly stated, students should find it clear about the expected steps and outcomes of the session.
8. The use of the JComponent is the main learning objective of this lab, but the interface given also enhances the interest of learning when working with the logical statement is showing the required patterns.