Mathematics Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Mathematics Portal. Here you will find some of the best mathematics resources hosted on the Internet. We hope you find what you are looking for as you browse through the wealth of resources that will supplement your mathematics teaching and learning. The mathematics editorial board uses the same form for peer reviewing as is used for faculty development. It can be found here: Peer Review Form.
Here is an article on teaching online math in the world of COVID-19:
Symbolab Math Solver:
This site allows the user to enter in a wide variety of math problems. The computer solves the problem and shows the relevant steps. It have a user friendly math equation editor and an abundance of examples.
Interactive Calculus Activities
This is a collection of interactive visualizations, activities and games that will assist in the learning of calculus.
MATH 465: Complex Variables
This open textbook is being utilized in a Mathematics course for graduate students by John Lind at California State...
MATH 118 Trigonometry OER Adoption
The California State University and MERLOT have partnered to showcase how and why faculty have adopted Open Educational...
Measure Fractions - Apps on Google Play
Measuring proper fractions and improper fractions Measure Fractions displays a mesh of unit squares that can be divided...
This site contains a calculator that finds the half-life of a substance, initial quantity, quantity remained, and time....
Laplace Transform Calculator
The site contains a calculator that finds the Laplace transform of the given function. There is also a link to a similar...
Brief explanation of how to take a partial derivative with examples.
Introduction to partial derivatives - Math Insight
This site includes a video as well as a brief written introduction to partial derivatives.
This site contains a calculator that will find the Wronskian of the set of functions, with steps shown. Supports up to 5...
Optimal, Integral, Likely Optimization, Integral Calculus, and Probability for Students of Commerce and the Social Sciences
Optimal, Integral, Likely is a free, open-source textbook intended for UBC’s course MATH 105: Integral Calculus with...
Informal Calculus with Applications to Biological and Environmental Sciences
This book is an approachable introduction to calculus with applications to biology and environmental science. For...
Modeling, Functions, and Graphs
Modeling, Functions, and Graphs covers the content of a typical college algebra course with an emphasis on functions and...
This text covers the content of a standard trigonometry course, beginning with a review of facts from geometry.
This text introduces the basic skills and ideas of algebra. Throughout the book, we use applications to motivate...
Intermediate Algebra is a textbook for students who have some acquaintance with the basic notions of variables and...
This textbook is aligned with the British Columbia Adult Basic Education learning outcomes for Mathematics: Intermediate...
Linear Algebra with Applications - 2021A (Lyryx)
Linear Algebra with Applications by W. Keith Nicholson, traditionally published for many years is now being released as...
The content of this textbook is aligned with the British Columbia Adult Basic Education learning outcomes for the...
Angle Pair Relationships with Parallel Lines - An Exploration!
Students have the opportunity to explore relationships between angles formed by two parallel lines and a transversal....
The Math Page
This site is a parent site that combines several individual subsites that provide overviews of diferent mathematical...
Chain Rule: Problems and Solutions
This site includes a short summary/explanation of the chain rule, including example problems.
4 Steps to Solve Any Related Rates Problem - Part 1
This site includes a blog post in which related rate problems are broken down step-by-step to develop a problem solving...
This site includes a brief overview of basic definite integrals and contains examples and practice problems.
Math for Liberal Arts eBook & PPT
Remixed the book Math in society to suit the COR for the math for liberal arts class at Palomar college. The set of...
Maletsie MakhethaLesotho College of Education
Wingrove RouseClarence Fitzroy Bryant College
Kathy GrossCayuga County Community/Technical College
Mageste Di RaizelCadara
Angel ReyesPasadena City College
Hellen ColmanCity Colleges of Chicago - Wilbur Wright College
Amy ShawBishop State Community/Technical College
Kerri WebbSelkirk College
Tiziano BarbariUniversità di Padova
Joseph PuentesState University of New York System - Albany
Israel PeñeroBatangas State University
Jeremias VazquezTrinity College of Connecticut
Luis GuerreroPalomar College
Anahi BiurrunUniversidad Nacional Arturo Jauretche
Heather BrownLancaster-Lebanon IU13
Theresa WilloughbyYosemite Community/Technical College District
Salma EKSSAILMOE - Saar Primary Boys School
ameya kolarkarFlorida State University
John ButlerSyracuse Educational Opportunity Center
Materials by Discipline
- Algebra and Number Theory (596)
- Analysis (110)
- Applied Mathematics (783)
- Calculus (501)
- Developmental Mathematics (451)
- Differential Equations (154)
- Discrete Mathematics (231)
- Dynamical Systems (40)
- Foundations of Mathematics (122)
- General and Liberal Arts Math (252)
- Geometry and Topology (221)
- Mathematical Modeling (76)
- Mathematics Publishing Tools (33)
- Numerical Analysis (51)
- Pre-Calculus Mathematics (294)
Journals & Publications
- Linear Algebra and its Applications
- Mathematics of Computation at AMS
- Journal of the American Mathematical Society
- Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society
- The College Mathematics
- American Mathematical Monthly
- Mathematics Magazine
- Focus Magazine
- Applied Mathematics E-Notes
- Mathematics MDPI
- Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis
Mathematics on the Web
Chamisa's difficult political calculus - Bulawayo24 News
Jan 16, 2022 10:46 AM PST
will it only be released in the United States? - D1SoftballNews.com
Jan 16, 2022 09:46 AM PST
FPJ-Ed: SNAP held by Symbiosis International (Deemed) University; students say ...
Jan 16, 2022 06:27 AM PST
JEE Main 2022: Important Topics, Books, Tips to Ace Maths Section - News18
Jan 16, 2022 06:00 AM PST
Call of Duty Warzone Woes Continue As Fresh Bug Ruins the Game Following Activision's Message
Jan 16, 2022 04:52 AM PST
How is Boolean algebra used in machine learning? - Analytics India Magazine
Jan 16, 2022 04:33 AM PST
Pixel 5a India Launch Update: New Google Phone Found Listed - Trak.in
Jan 16, 2022 03:33 AM PST
WATCH NOW: Math and geometry become sculpture in Napa Lighted Art Festival artwork - YouTube
Jan 16, 2022 03:17 AM PST
Egypt's edtech Orcas raises $2.1 million - Wamda
Jan 16, 2022 02:00 AM PST
The Role of Mathematics and Physics in Human Life -1 - Brighter Kashmir
Jan 15, 2022 02:57 PM PST
Capability of intravoxel incoherent motion and diffusion tensor imaging to detect early kidney ...
Jan 15, 2022 02:14 PM PST
Program Files - Institut Mittag-Leffler
Jan 15, 2022 08:59 AM PST
Mathematics on Twitter
- Éva Czabarka's research interests include discrete mathematics and graph theory, with focus on crossing numbers, ex… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…3 hours ago | amermathsoc
- "Shortly after 10pm on February 22, the time and date will consist of a single repeating digit – the last time it w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7 hours ago | maanow
- New job posting: Principal Scientist/Health Economist - Mathematical Modeling - Vaccines and Infectious Disease - M… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…16 hours ago | maanow
- John Baez is a mathematical physicist who is interested in saving the planet. Among other things, he works on appli… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 day ago | amermathsoc
- What equations do you think have changed the world the most? bit.ly/3FkAZas
- New job posting: Lead Financial Analyst - Planning & Forecasting - Verizon - Lake Mary, FL dlvr.it/SH8tf8
- How can each of us fight #mathanxiety? bit.ly/3K67eOe
- The Spring Southeastern Sectional Meeting on March 11-13 has been cancelled. If you registered, you will receive a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 days ago | amermathsoc
- RT @TedG: How can a race in a rho-shaped track help you factor integers faster than trial division? Check out this fun article by Nick Loeh…2 days ago | maanow
- MAA Section Meetings are right around the corner! Find more information on your section's schedule here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 days ago | maanow