Skills & Interests
- Virginia Community College Association
Executive Committee Member/President (1993-1998) 08/1989 – Current
- DA in Community College Education/Modern Languages (05/2004)
George Mason University
- MA in French (08/1989)
The University of Tennessee - Knoxville
- BSEd in French (05/1986)
Western Carolina University
- Smith, Elizabeth A. (2004). Differences in Attitudes, Experiences, and Success between Delivering and Receiving Site Students in Interactive Television Foreign Language Classes.
- Smith, Elizabeth A. (Spring 2000). Making Culture and Language Real in a Rural Setting: The Technology Connection in Inquiry, the Journal of the Virginia Community College System.
- Rush, G. Michael and Elizabeth A. Smith. (1996). When They Put Your Course in the Electronic Classroom in The VCCA Journal.
Beginning Spanish I and II
- Southwest Virginia Community College – Spanish
Beginning French I and II
- Southwest Virginia Community College – French
Honors & Awards
- MERLOT Volunteer Peer Reviewer of the Year (08/2007)
I was recognized as one of MERLOT's volunteer peer reviewers of the year at the 2007 annual international convention.
- VCCS Chancellor's Award for Teaching Excellence Nominee from SwVCC (04/2007)
I am the Chancellor's Award for Teaching Excellence nominee from SwVCC for 2007
- SCHEV Outstanding Faculty Nominee from SwVCC (01/2007)
I am the SCHEV Outstanding Faculty nominee from SwVCC for 2007.
- Professor of French and Spanish (08/1989 – Current) Southwest Virginia Community College