Communication Sciences and Disorders Community Portal
Welcome – From the Editor
Welcome to the Speech Language Hearing Sciences and Communication Disorders MERLOT portal. Here you will find links to a repository of peer-reviewed, online resources for teaching and learning. By joining MERLOT (at no cost!), you will become part of a growing community of educators, scientists, clinical supervisors and clinicians who are using a variety of web-based materials and resources, submitting their own modules and resources to share with the community, developing new ideas to help you teach in your classroom and/or online as well as to provide learning materials you can share with students to enhance independent content learning.
The ASHA Convention is the premier annual professional education event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Bringing together more than 12,000 attendees, the Annual Convention provides unparalleled opportunities to hear the latest research and gain new skills and resources to advance your career.
Machine Learning Tokyo
Machine Learning Tokyo (MLT) is dedicated to democratizing Machine Learning through Open Education, Open Source and Open...
China Tests Its National Digital Currency in Major Cities
The currency may be ready for the 2022 Olympics in Beijing. Read all about China's new digital currency here.
Self-display, body image, and social media.
This article supports the theories of body dissatisfaction and the effects from social media.
How To Delete POF account?
POF (Plenty Of Fish) is one of the most popular online dating services available, but regardless of how famous it's , it...
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance Guideline
The EU General Data Protection Regulation went into effect on May 25, 2018, replacing the Data Protection Directive...
COMM101: Public Speaking
This course systematically examines the elements of an effective speech. The course textbook and lectures go through an...
Get The Research: Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool for General Public
Get The Research is an Open Access Research Search Engine/Tool designed for the general public to make it easier to find,...
Research Organization Registry
The Research Organization Registry (ROR) is a community-led project to develop an open, sustainable, usable, and unique...
5.1a Argument Structures - Demonstrating Critical Thinking | Coursera
Learn online and earn valuable credentials from top universities like Yale, Michigan, Stanford, and leading companies...
Fostering Research Integrity: The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers
The Hong Kong Manifesto for Assessing Researchers: Fostering Research Integrity (22nd May 2019 version/6th World...
MoMo - Moving MOOC: Science 2.0 & Open Research Methods
Starting Nov 12, 2018, in the Moving MOOC (MOMO), young scholars and early career researchers (ECR) will learn to use...
CRediT : Open Research Scholarly Outputs Assessment Tool
CRedit (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) is high-level taxonomy including 14 roles, that can be used to represent the roles...
Introduction to Communication Disorders
The material described here include information relative to undergraduate students in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in...
TEDxBrussels: Open Science can save the planet
Frontiers’ CEO, Kamila Markram, makes a case at TEDxBrussels for why open science is the key to innovation, economic...
Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST)
The Joint Roadmap for Open Science Tools (JROST) is a collaborative effort by like-minded individuals and organizations...
Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices
The Open Science MOOC: Principles and Practices is designed for faculty, students, and researchers who want to better...
Open Science Training Handbook (ver 1)
The Open Science Training Handbook (ver. 1) is intended for anyone who wishes to host Open Science training events or...
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide
B.C. Campus Open Education: Open Textbook Self-Publishing Guide is a practical reference/development tool for individuals...
Metrics-Toolkit.org | Helping you use metrics responsibly
The Metrics Toolkit provides evidence-based information about research metrics across disciplines, including how each...
Dimensions.ai: Open Access Research Repository
Digital Science Dimensions (DS Dimensions) is a linked research knowledge system that makes it easy to find and analyze...
Open Research Glossary
The Open Research Glossary is designed as a reference resource to inform people about the culture of "Open Scholarship."...
Rightsback.org: "Returning Authors' Rights" Termination of Transfer Tool
The Author's Alliance and Creative Commons have created the "Termination of Transfer" (ToT) tool that helps authors...
Open Science Framework (OSF)
As a free and open source Open Science/Open Research development tool, the Open Science Framework (OSF) allows for the...
European Union (EU) Bookshop: All EU publications You are looking for!
EU Bookshop is an online bookshop, library, and archive of publications dating back to 1952. It contains 110,000 titles...
bektaş acarBektas Acar
Pam HollandMarshall University
Elise LindquistPennsylvania State University
Tricia NolfiRutgers University - Camden
Bonnie CookeSt. Lawrence College of Applied Arts and Technology
Karen AicherBridgewater State College
Neal FoxCrystal Springs Uplands School
Susan BrownMurray State University
David BurksCommunity College Preparatory Academy
Lobna AlshwerefNexfod University
AnnMarie KnightColumbia College
Fran PrezantSacred Heart University
Kimberly MeighWest Virginia University
Tomás MosqueiraUniversidad del Desarrollo
Patrícia CandeiasFundação Portuguesa das Comunicações
Danica BillingslyNorthern Illinois University
Jennifer HatfieldIndiana University System - Indiana University-South Bend
Lesley ManciniDelta State University
Louise WrensfordUniversity System of Georgia - Albany State University
Celeste DomschTexas State University-San Marcos
- Academy of Neurological Communication Disorders and Sciences
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Dysphagia Research Society
- International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- International Phonetics Association
- Educational Audiology Association
- International Society for Autism Research
- International Stuttering Association
- Multilingual Children's Association
- National Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders: Directory of Organizations by Subject
- Society for Research in Child Development
- The Voice Foundation
Journals & Publications
- ASHA Journal Publications
- Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal
- Journal of Speech Pathology & Therapy
- Reading and Writing
- Ear and Hearing
- Brain and Language
- International Journal of Audiology
- Journal of Phonetics
- Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- AAC: Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Topics in Language Disorders
- Annals of Dyslexia
- Trends in Hearing
- Language and Speech
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Journal of Voice
- Child Language Teaching and Therapy
- Journal of Communication Disorders
- Hearing Journal
- Seminars in Hearing
- Communication Disorders Quarterly
- Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Hearing, Balance, and Communication
Communication Sciences & Disorders on the Web
Autism Facebook Live Series: Megan A. Farley – Waisman Center
Apr 13, 2021 08:49 AM PDT
Researchers mark National Autism Awareness Month | Virginia Tech Daily
Apr 13, 2021 07:44 AM PDT
Beaches Resorts Elevates Its Commitment To Inclusivity In Celebration Of Autism Acceptance Month
Apr 13, 2021 05:56 AM PDT
'Life-changing' autism center for adults closes in on funding goal
Apr 13, 2021 05:45 AM PDT
Students Plant Seeds for Autism Acceptance in UTC Soil
Apr 13, 2021 04:37 AM PDT
Identifying Autism: UofSC expert speaks on how COVID-19 is impacting early diagnosis
Apr 13, 2021 04:15 AM PDT
'Be Willing To Engage': New Vt. Director On Serving Deaf, Hard Of Hearing & Deaf/Blind Community
Apr 13, 2021 03:30 AM PDT
Mother-Daughter Memoir Of Autism Exemplifies The Power Of Language
Apr 13, 2021 01:26 AM PDT
Parenting: A Mother's story raising a child with autism
Apr 13, 2021 12:52 AM PDT
Vacations For Kids On The Autism Spectrum: Beaches Resorts Are Advanced Certified Autism ...
Apr 13, 2021 12:07 AM PDT
Murray State's Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders launches Early Childhood Program
Apr 12, 2021 10:21 PM PDT
Obsessions Gift Shop helping those with autism
Apr 12, 2021 09:52 PM PDT
Inside the massive effort to translate the Bible into American Sign Language
Apr 12, 2021 09:30 PM PDT
Sensory Defensiveness in Autism
Apr 12, 2021 09:18 PM PDT
Service dog bonds with teen with autism
Apr 12, 2021 09:17 PM PDT
Cookie sales to raise money for autism school
Apr 12, 2021 08:56 PM PDT
MCPD and Pathfinders for Autism partner for driving safety program
Apr 12, 2021 08:11 PM PDT
Vatican launches two Sign Language programs on YouTube
Apr 12, 2021 06:41 PM PDT
Golf greats raise money for Ernie Els' Autism Foundation
Apr 12, 2021 06:18 PM PDT
Communication on Twitter
- Now Hiring: Audiologist | Baptist Health: Paducah, Kentucky | joburl.ws/14678125 #jobs7 minutes ago | AcademyofAuD
- Twelve Leader Live articles and ASHA Voices podcasts on working with people on the autism spectrum #SLPeeps #SLP2b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…1 hour ago | ASHAWeb
- AAA 2021 Virtual begins TOMORROW! Any questions before the event? Post them here or contact us at aaainfo@audiology… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…2 hours ago | AcademyofAuD
- #slpeeps #slp #medslp #slpbloggers FREE #ASHA Live Chat! "Virtual Mentorship for MedSLPs in the Real World" May 11,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | ASHAWeb
- April 7 and 14
Virtual Tech Industry Career Showcase event with top ranking Fortune/Global 500 tech employers.
Th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | HLAA
- It’s time! Registration is open for #ASHASchoolsConnect21 online conference (July 14–26)! Watch this video featurin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4 hours ago | ASHAWeb
- Check out "The Sound of Misinformation," a blog post written by @HLAA’s Director of Public Policy Lise Hamlin. It a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | HLAA
- Our April Virtual Learning is officially open for registration. “Mindfulness Speaks: Considerations in Stuttering T… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…5 hours ago | stutteringfdn
- Research Tuesday! Teaching initiated questions improves social conversation in adolescents and adults with #autism… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…6 hours ago | ASHAWeb
- Register today for @HLAA’s Externally-Led Patient-Focused Drug Development meeting. The May 25 YouTube Live virtual… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…8 hours ago | HLAA